Greater Lawrence Community Action Council, Inc

Help Available to Replace Lost Immigration Documents

Monday, Nov 5, 2018

Residents who lost immigration documents in the September gas explosion may contact GLCAC’s Immigration Services program for help with getting replacements.


GLCAC’s Immigration program can help residents replace permanent resident cards and naturalization certificates. GLCAC is working with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service Office in Lawrence to fast-track the issuance of new documents.


There is no cost for GLCAC’s services, and GLCAC will assist residents in applying for a waiver from USCIS fees for replacement documents.


Residents can call GLCAC’s Immigration program at (978) 620-4257 or visit 305 Essex Street Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.  No appointment is necessary for seeking to replace documents lost in gas explosions.


GLCAC’s Immigration program serves low-income clients who are seeking permanent resident status and U.S. citizenship.  The services are free and provided by a bilingual staff trained in immigration procedures.


In 2016, the Immigration Services program filed 371 immigration applications at no cost for qualifying clients.  The program offers a monthly workshop as a first step for new clients in need of immigration assistance.  To make a reservation for the seminar or for more information, call (978) 681-4905. 


The seminars are held the third Friday of every month at 10 a.m. at GLCAC, 305 Essex Street, Lawrence. 


For more information on all the programs offered by GLCAC, visit

Leave a comment