Friday, Mar 13, 2020
The Greater Lawrence Community Action Council is closely monitoring the Coronavirus situation in Massachusetts. Read about the steps we are taking and how we can all work to combat the spread of the virus.
- Our janitorial services and staff are all pitching in to increase the frequency and level of cleaning of all areas in our facilities
- All classrooms and meeting spaces are being disinfected before and after every class and meeting.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, disinfecting wipes and sprays have been placed throughout our facilities
- We recommend that anyone not feeling well stay at home and contact us via email or phone. (See our website www.glcac.org for department phone and email information.)
- We encourage all patrons, as well as our own staff, to take the standard precautions, including frequent and thorough handwashing to prevent the spread of any flu-like illness. Additional information on prevention measures can be found on the CDC website here.
- Signs regarding proper hygiene practices have been placed in all restrooms.
The novel coronavirus is an evolving situation that we are monitoring closely, including following national guidelines and recommendations provided to us through the CDC (Center for Disease Control) and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.